Corrugation Grinding Machine RQ 1002 K60m
APPLICATION AND FUNCTION
The corrugation grinding machine RQ 1002 K60 has been specially designed for use on tramway tracks. Its compact size and exceptionally easy handling ensureeconomical application, whether under normal service conditions or with tram operating intervals of under 5 minutes. Maximum in-and off-tracking time is 30 seconds. The machine is raised and driven sideways from the track by electric power. The machine is designed for one-man operation and can be employed on grooved and Vignole rails. Crossing and switching zones as well as tight curves(R > 46 ft) can also be processed. The track width is infinitely adjustable from 38.5 – 59 inch.
The corrugation grinding machine RQ 1002 K60 is designed on the one hand for grinding middle and short pitch corrugation (Fig. A) and on the other for deburring and re-profiling of the running edge and the outside edge of Vignole and grooved rails (Fig. B).
A) Short pitch corrugation grinding Short pitch corrugation consists of small ridges which form on the traction head of the rail causing noise and wear on the rolling stock. For corrugation grinding the traction head is ground with two rotating cylindrical grinding wheels arranged in succession (Fig. A). One of two grinding passes are made per operation, depending on the corrugation depth. By adjusting the vertical axes of the grinding wheels the traction head can be re-profiled in multi-facets mode. The difference in grinding angle and the number of single operations depends on the rail shape or on customer requirements (usually 4-5 operations). The resulting grinding dust ist suctioned off with a powerful vacuum cleaner equipment. The efficiency of vacuum cleaner amounts 2.877 yd³/h. The dust particles are filtered out with the built-in preseparator, the filter mat and filter cartridge. The spark protection is equipped with two suck off channels. The sparks themselves are not suctioned off but are prevented from lateral discharge by baffle plates.
B) Deburring/Re-Profiling of running edge after a long operating period of the rail the radius of the running edge may change or seamy formations may occur. The following method is employed for deburring and re-profiling the rail edges: The edges are ground with rotating cylindrical grinding wheels and the wheel spindles can be inclined up to approx. 55°. For deburring purposes a fixed angle setting is adequate. For re-profiling several passes with an angle difference of approx. 15° are necessary, depending on the accuracy of the radius required (Fig. B).
- Performance: With corrugation depths up to 0.012″ and an average of 6 passes it is possible to finish-grind 580 to 820 ft of rail per hour. The feed rate of the machine is approx. 16 bis 28 inch/sec. In operation the machine can surmount gradients of up to 6 %.
- Power supply and transport: The machine is supplied via cable with three-phase current (standard 3 x 400 V). Normally this is supplied from a sound-dampened diesel generator, which should have an output of at least 35 kVA. The cable can be up to 656 ft long. The generator is usually permanently mounted on a small truck (approx. 4 ton capacity). This vehicle is equipped with a lifting platform of 10 kN load capacity for transporting the corrugation grinding machine.
- In – and off-tracking: The machine is raised by two electric elevating motors on two solid-tyre wheels arranged in the gravity axis. These wheels are driven by geared motors, enabling the machine to be rapidly driven off sideways away from the danger zone. For this purpose an appropriate cross-way must be provided in the open track.
- Dimensions: Track widths: 38.5- 59 inch, Length: 95 inch, Width: 87 inch, Height: 63 inch, Weight: 2150 lbM
- Grinding spindle drives: Three-phase motor 15 KW, 400V/50Hz
- Speeds: Motor: 3000 rpm, Cyl. grinding wheels: 6000 rpm
- Feed drive: 2 geared motors 0.25/ 0.35 KW
- In – and off-tracking device: 2 geared motors o,25 KW
- Work lighting: 2 spotlights 24V
- Electrical connection: Euro – plug, 5 pole
- Vacuum cleaner efficiency: 2200 m3/h (Torit)
Grinding spindle adjustment: The three functions are carried out manually with a hand wheel provided for each function