The Maxi Railcar Mover offers maneuverability, cost-effective operation, and multi-directional capabilities heretofore unknown in the railroad/rail transit maintenance shop. The expense of purchasing and maintaining large vehicle shunting equipment is virtually eliminated. The Maxi Railcar Mover, powered by a 20 HP gasoline, diesel, LPG, or Battery engine utilizes its own weight to develop the required friction on the rail to effect the movement. Hydraulically powered wheels are engaged to start and stop the shunting operation, which can be in either direction. The Maxi Railcar Mover is ruggedly designed to provide years of low cost shunting service in your equipment maintenance area.
TECHNICAL DATA (GAS POWERED):
- Length: Approx. 80 inches
- Width: Approx. 69 inches
- Weight: Approx. 4400 pounds
- Running Wheels (hydraulically powered, steel, with hard rubber tires) Dia. = 11.8 inches
- Pneumatic Center Drive Wheels (pneumatic) Dia. = 19.7 inches
- Thrust Capacity: Approx. 220 tons on level plane
- Engine: Double cylinder, HONDA engine, gasoline (standard) - LPG and diesel options available.
- Output: 20 HP
- RPM: 3600
- Speed: 0 - 3.1 MPH in forward or reverse
- Fuel consumption (gasoline): 1/2 gal /hour
- Radio controlled option available
OPERATION OF THE MAXI RAILCAR MOVER (GAS/ LPG/ Diesel POWERED)
- Pneumatic Center Drive Wheels in the lowered position, the railcar mover is moved under its own power to the track location.
- The railcar mover is positioned on the rails, and the Pneumatic Center Drive Wheels are moved to the raised position.
- The railcar mover is driven into position at the end of the vehicle to be moved.
- If the car is to be moved by the coupler, the car is secured to the railcar mover by means of a custom built mechanical coupler (E Type or transit coupler) or tow bar.
- With the maxi railcar mover in place, the unit can be engaged to move the car in either direction.